CLIENT: FDS Consult
SERVICES: WordPress website design and development
The FDS group provide consultancy on fire safety for some of the largest development projects in the UK.
ExtraDigital were asked to rebrand their website fdsconsult.com to better showcase the work they do and the type of projects they work on. The previous site was looking dated and had a high bounce rate. It was built on Joomla, an increasingly outdated CMS that was not easy to use and lacked latest SEO and responsive features.
The company had experience of WordPress and were happy to move to this platform. ExtraDigital have extensive experience in developing business level WordPress websites with custom modules to provide the extra functionality needed.
The following process was used:
- Persona based research and analysis of target audiences
- Revised responsive design, with designs for homepage and other key areas of the website
- Migration of content from Joomla to WordPress
- Optimising content for SEO
- Implementing 301 redirect
When producing the design the following were considered:
- ensure all call to actions were clearly visible
- encourage signup to webinars
- easy to find and intuitive case studies section
- showcasing the size, scale and quality of the work done
The new website more than lived up to expectations. The new design contributed to a 15% reduction in bounce rate and target signups were more than achieved.
The new site benefitted SEO with traffic to the website nearly doubling.
If you are looking for help with WordPress web development please give us a call on +44(0)1227 68 68 98.
Alternatively, tell us a little more about your requirements below.
Request a Quote
To discuss your project in further detail, call 01227 68 68 98, or complete the form below.