Fire Design Solutions, a leading fire engineering agency in UK, approached ExtraDigital to redesign and market their website www.fdsconult.com.
The FDS Group is a major player in the Fire Engineering space and at the time of reading have reach 1,000 projects completed since 2003. They needed a consultancy website which demonstrated their expertise and showed their excellent work which included the Olympic Athletes Village in 2015 and the Alexander McQueen store in London.
The site had an increasingly high bounce rate and search engine performance was poor. Visually, the site did not appeal to their target audience and wasn’t making use of their brilliant project visuals they had collected since the company started in 2003.
We used the follow in our web design and digital marketing solutions for FDS:
- User and persona research -
built a deeper understanding of the target audiences and their needs
- Creating a selection of well thought out modern designs based on usability and best practice -
web designs took into account how the users view and engage with the website
- Migrated the site from Joomla to WordPress
- Ensuring all CTAs were clearly visible to increase the volume of webinar sign ups
- Designed an intuitive case studies section to clearly showcase projects
- Optimising all content on the site in accordance with SEO best practice
- Successfully putting the site live and completing all 301 redirects so as to not lose any previous SEO value
In terms of the marketing, the sites are performing well above the base line. The site operates in a very competitive niche, which makes us extra proud of the hard work and dedication the team have shown to produce these excellent results.
Here are the statistics a year on (November 2014 vs November 2015)
- 89% increase in Sessions - site traffic nearly doubled year on year
- 15% drop in the bounce rate
- 37% increase in page views
- 43% increase in SEO traffic
ExtraDigital specialise in creating B2B websites that convert visitors to leads. We know the challenges facing B2B and the importance of growing your reach to both new and repeat clients. If you need advice, get in touch with us on 01227 68 68 98.
By Michael Alexander