Magento 2 Migration - before June 2020
Need help migrating your website from Magento 1 to Magento 2?
- Successfully migrated many websites from Magento 1 to Magento 2
- Built new websites on Magento 2
Migrating between Magento 1 and Magento 2
ExtraDigital's process for migration to Magento 2 is as follows:
- A full store audit checking all additional modules and integrations
- The design (or theme) is always re-coded to match your existing design. There is a very large difference in the way designs are coded with Magento 2 and it is quickest to recode from scratch
- Alternatively, at this stage, we can implement a new design
- Product data is migrated to the new format. Usually straightforward although some type of products need custom scripts for this
- Customer data is migrated. Any customer groups as well
- Order data is then migrated to match the products and customers
- Any custom integrations are tested with Magento 2
The Magento 2 website will be developed on a different server as the server requirements are different. This makes the changeover process simpler as the new website can be set up ready and fully tested on the new server before being made visible to all.
Timescales for Magento 2 Migration
Before the end of June 2020 - according to Magento
The security support for the Magento 1 platform is announced as ending in June 2020. From this date, eCommerce stores should have migrated across to Magento 2.
A question we are often asked is 'If I upgrade to Magento 2, how long before having to upgrade to Magento 3?'. The answer is not for a very long time. Magento 2 has been planned for a very long time and was needed to upgrade the underlying architecture to something more modern. It will be around for many years.
Help Migrating to Magento 2?
ExtraDigital can provide a quote to migrate your existing website.
ExtraDigital designed and built their first eCommerce website for a client back in 2005. At this time there were no plugins available and all customisation was done in-house. Throughout the next 14 years we have built and maintained a range of different Magento websites, specialising in those requiring custom integrations or less common requirements:
- Warehouse order fulfilment integration (with Apollo)
- Product license key generated by the country
- Product licensing integration (Adobe)
- Product listing by track (for music)
- Products grouped by tops and bottoms (Bikinis)
- Stock management integration (Merlin)
- Custom integrations with CRM systems
- Custom integration with stock-order systems
ExtraDigital also specialise in multilingual websites - so Magento stores in Arabic, German, French, Chinese etc.
Our three most experienced developers have been working on Magento development for eleven, ten and seven years, respectively.
Now is the time to "Migrate to Magento 2".
Need help with upgrade Magento 1 to 2, Magento 2.0 migration, Magento 1 to Magento 2 migration, Magento 1 to 2 migration, or migrate Magento 1 to Magento 2 - then our Magento 2 Migration service can help.
Request a Quote
To discuss your project in further detail, call 01227 68 68 98, or complete the form below.