In its recent move stopping support for products and services tabs on company pages it’s clear that LinkedIn is very keen for businesses to use its showcase pages to promote key business areas like products and services.
So what are showcase pages and why should you use them?
What are Showcase Pages
Showcase Pages allow you to extend your Company Page by creating a dedicated child page for key aspects of your business. Interested LinkedIn members can then follow your Showcase Page in the same why they might follow a Company Page.
Showcase Pages are designed to cover broad business areas that might need a more dedicated audience and as such are ideal for building long-term relationships with LinkedIn users.
It makes sense to create a Showcase Page when you want to establish a dedicated page to represent a brand, business area, or long-term company initiative.
Showcase Page Features
Like any LinkedIn page showcase pages have certain features to help you promote your business area and these include:
- Hero image or Top image banner – this is a big banner ideal for creating a strong visual impression. Minimum 974 x 330 pixels. PNG, JPEG, or GIF. Maximum file size 2 MB.
- Logo: 100 x 60 pixels. Image will be resized to fit. (Square logo: 50 x 50 pixels. Image will be resized to fit.)
- The two-column feed design highlights the most relevant content
- Analytics are available (Showcase Page and Company Page analytics are separate)
- You can Sponsor updates from the Page
- You can feature groups on the page
- You can manage content through 3rd party social media management dashboard like Hootsuite
- Followers are not shared between Showcase Pages and Company Pages. Followers can choose to follow as many pages they like. Followers from the parent Company Page cannot be migrated or carried over to a Showcase Page.
Using showcase pages can be very effective, but does require careful planning. Since the number of showcase pages you can created is limited to 10 you want to choose aspects of your business that are niche enough to need their own page, but also broad enough to collect a suitable following and give you plenty of content to keep them up-to-date.
Once created you will need to promote and maintain your pages in order to get the most from them.
While building an early following it is worth budgeting for a sponsored promotion campaign as these have really become a necessity in getting new social media activities off the ground.
Social Media Marketing
At ExtraDigital we appreciate businesses want to be busy doing business not worrying about social media and so we provide social media marketing support tailored to your businesses resources and requirements. So whether you just want a little support or a lot we have the social media solution for you.
For more details call us on +44(0)1227 68 68 98